Making Links Seminar and Workshop
When: Saturday 7th April
Time: 11am – 3pm
Location: Dublin City Centre location, Dublin 2
Who: Minority Ethnic Youth Group Leaders
- It is open to faith based, community based and issue based youth groups.
What: The Making Links Project brings together leaders from minority ethnic youth groups who are not linked formally to the National Youth Council of Ireland or its Members.
- The Seminar will provide an opportunity to network, share practice and identify your support and training needs:
- We will do workshops on youth work, how to enhance your engagement with the young people you work with and how to look at issues such as identity and belonging;
- We will explore child protection, working safely with young people and self-care
- We will look at how to build connections within the youth work sector,and learn more about organisational practice such as finance, management and governance.
Following on from the seminar we will develop a training programme for participants based on your needs.
Funding has been received from the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission.
We would ask that everyone attending the seminar or interested in taking part in the project to fill out this short training needs survey www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTG8V6S
Applications will be taken for expressions of interest. Selected applicants will receive confirmation of a place by the 28th March